Fees and Policies at Mind-Body Care in Mountain View, CA
If you are interested in our services, then see our fees and policies below. For more information, call us.
We provide both face-to-face and teleconferencing sessions. At least once a week, we meet with individuals, couples, and families. Our fee depends on the services we provide. We do work with some insurance panels (please call our office for details). When you use insurance:
- You will receive a diagnosis. In other words, you have to have “mental illness” to be paid by the insurance. Not all problems are mental illnesses. Depression, anxiety, fear, worry, confusion, anger, sadness, and stressors are all normal parts of life. You do not need to be labeled when you are having some form of discomfort when faced with stressors. Insurance requires us to diagnose you with some disorder.
- The insurance company often times dictates the treatment and number of sessions. Often times, we are required to disclose the details of your sessions to your insurance (when audited by the insurance).
- A mental illness diagnosis becomes part of your permanent medical record.
- Lack of confidentiality – As soon as your mental health diagnosis is put onto an insurance form, there are any number of individuals who have access to your counseling information because they are processing the claim.
- Couples therapy is not covered by insurance.
To protect your and your family’s confidential information, Mind-Body Care does accept self-pay and out-of-network clients (please call our office for a session fee). You can check with your insurance company if you have a PPO that allows you to select an out-of-network provider. In this case, you may be eligible for partial or full reimbursement from your insurance carrier, and we can provide you with a monthly statement. Please check with your insurance provider:
- Are you covered to receive mental health services from out-of-network providers?
- If yes, is pre-authorization required?
- If so, how many sessions are authorized?
- What percentage of sessions are covered?
- What information the insurance provider requires for reimbursement?
Not all psychological assessments are covered by insurance. Please call our office for details. For out-of-pocket assessments, we will provide you with a receipt at the end of the assessment which you can submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Health care providers are required by law to provide you with Notice of Privacy Practices. This Notice explains privacy practices and your rights and protections related to the use and disclosure of your medical and mental health information.